While it is necessary for us to collect personal information from you, we acknowledge the importance of protecting that personal information from misuse.
If you have any concern that there has been a breach of your privacy through misuse of information we hold you should make contact with us immediately For Contact details, click our contact us page.
This Policy applies to any personal information we collect about you including when you interact with us by visiting our stores, corresponding through phone or email or use of our website.
In addition to this Policy we will comply with and you have rights under the Privacy Act 1993 (“the Act”). Every time we collect or otherwise deal with your personal information, we will adhere to the twelve privacy principles contained in the Act. For information about the Act and how it protects all personal information in New Zealand, click here.
This website is owned by Deep South. The registered office of Deep South is at 1 Ward Street, Motueka. All of the images, text, audio, and other content (everything you see, read or hear on this website) is copyrighted by Deep South and may not be used in any manner or for any purpose without the prior express written permission of Deep South.
In addition, the site contains a number of names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property which are owned by or licensed to Deep South and may not be used for any purpose without the prior express written agreement of Deep South.
You can request access to, and correction of, your personal information at any time by contacting us using the details above.
You can also update your personal information, and change your preferences, on our website (https://www.deepsouthicecream....) by signing into your Account.
We may require satisfactory proof of identity before giving you access to personal information we hold about you. In addition, where the nature of your request means that more than minimal time will be required to collate and provide you with the requested information the Act allows us to charge a reasonable fee.
Storage of personal information
Personal information that we collect electronically is held by us (including our Parent companies) or on our behalf on our “Cloud” based secure databases or on third party providers we utilise to conduct online business (such as our website and payment administrator). Such databases may be provided to us by third parties in New Zealand or overseas, but transfer and retention of such information remains subject to this Policy and our obligations under the Act.
Hard copy personal information may be held by us at any of our or our parent companies’ premises.
Your information will not be held longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained.
We use reasonable security measures and procedures to industry standards to secure personal information under our control and to protect such information from misuse however no method is completely secure. We therefore do not warrant or guarantee that any information you disclose to us will not be subject to unauthorised disclosure and we are not responsible for any theft or misuse of such information arising from a breach of our security measures and procedures.
When you use your debit or credit card to make purchases from us, we may collect and hold your payment information. This information is held in an encrypted and secure manner and in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCIDSS).
We rely on you to update us if your contact or personal details change. You may do this by accessing your Account or using the contact details provided above.
You are responsible for:
- ensuring your Internet browser, computer system and or mobile phone system are secure (including, but not limited to, free and secure from viruses) and can support the security measures we use to protect your information;
- keeping your Account and log-on details confidential to you and secure at all times;
- taking immediate steps to change your log-on password/s if you believe that the confidentiality of your log-on details has been breached;
- notifying us immediately if you believe that has been an unauthorised access to or use of your Account.
The type of personal information collected
The sale of our Products involves us collecting personal information from you either directly, by phone or electronically through email or our website.
You do not have to supply any of the information we request but if you fail to do so you may not be able to access our on-line facilities and or we may refuse supply.
The type of Personal Information that we may obtain is:
- information needed to establish an on-line or other Account with us including information to allow us to establish your identity and provide account security;
- information needed to provide services to you, such as processing, delivering and invoicing your Orders;
- information needed to enable us to obtain payment for Products we supply such as financial information (such as credit or debit card and billing information); and
- CCTV camera footage for security or safety purposes (applies to persons entering our premises); and
- any other personal information that you may authorise us to collect, e.g. for promotions.
Collection of Additional Information
We collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit the our website, as part of the standard operation of our server, by using Cookie Technology. This technology does not personally identify you or extract any information from your computer. Rather, Cookie Technology is used to provide an enhanced online experience, to measure and monitor the use of our website and to improve its design and content.
The information this technology collects may include: the name of your Internet service provider, the date and time you accessed the website, the Internet address of the website from which you enter our website and where you go after you leave our website. Data that would personally identify you is known only when voluntarily submitted by you.
Tracking services used by us are Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics.
Use of Information
We will only use your personal information for:
- purposes associated with or arising from the supply of products or services by us or our related companies to you or at your request;
- direct marketing to you (but not if you have elected not to receive such marketing);
- improving our on-line services and range of products; and
- providing assistance to you;
- enforcing our legal rights; and
- compliance with legal obligations.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related companies in connection with the supply of products or services to you or at your request;
- our service providers that we have engaged to provide services to us in relation to our online platforms, data storage and in relation to the sale of our Products (e.g. courier companies, technical customer support services, credit check agencies);
- our advisors (e.g. lawyers and accountants);
- Courts and Tribunals;
- Government Departments and agencies and others as may be required by law; and
- Anyone that you authorise or request us to provide information to.
Your personal information will not be disclosed for any other purpose.
Links to other websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and assistance. Please note that those websites may have different security and privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility and/or liability for any information that you divulge to these websites and how those websites or the organisations that own and manage those websites collect, use or disclose your personal information. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we suggest you examine the Privacy Policies of those websites.
Other linked websites may also contain third party advertisements. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Deep South or its Affiliates. Deep South is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on these websites. You are referred to the relevant advertiser for all information regarding the advertiser and its products and/or services.
Amendments to Policy